The Laurentian Chamber of Commerce’s Business Development Committee meets the second Thursday of each month at noon at the Laurentian Chamber of Commerce office.
The Business Development Committee routinely discusses topics that affect the both large and small businesses within the Laurentian Chamber of Commerce community and determines how they can be better advocates for change and continued business development within our region.
The Business Development Committee designs projects that serve as conduits of information for businesses and individuals looking to expand or relocate to the region, as well as help the chamber survey the business community (and better determine our business community’s needs) through the Minnesota Chamber’s Grow Minnesota program.
Business Committee Members
- Brad Gustafson – The Forge Social Haus, St. Louis County Planning
- Britt See-Benes - City of Virginia
- Char Conger - Entrepreneur Fund
- Terri Nystrom - Essentia Health
- Katherine Lahti - Small Business Development Center
- Eric Barth - Frandsen Bank and Trust
- Bill Aho - AmericInn and Super 8
- Dominick Olivanti - AEOA/Arrowhead Transit
- Steve Rahkola - Giants Ridge, Mesabi Community TV
- Linda Scott - Up North Title
The Chamber facilitated $150,000 in technology grants for the region through the Blandin Foundation.
Small Business Saturday initiatives have provided thousands of dollars in direct spending to small businesses each year. A Chamber #ShoptheRange app supported initiatives through COVID-19 restrictions and Small Business Saturday events.
The Laurentian Chamber Business Portfolio served as a tool to attract developers and to help orient new residents and employees to the community. This packet was the foundation for the coming community guide and membership directory.
Programs through the Chamber live on in perpetuity through the successful development of lodging facilities and infrastructure into area small businesses which continue to promote growth and deliver economic benefits to our region.